Easy to read, superbly illustrated, and clinically relevant, Gray’s Anatomy for Students, 4th Edition, is medical students’ go-to text for essential information in human anatomy. This fully revised volume focuses on the core information students need to know, in an easy-access format and with additional multimedia tools that facilitate effective study and mastery of the material. A team of expert authors and global advisors share their extensive teaching and clinical experience, highlighted by more than 1,000 innovative, original illustrations throughout the text.
- Helps students understand the practical applications of anatomical concepts through unique coverage of surface anatomy, correlative diagnostic images, and clinical case studies.
- Presents anatomy logically by body region, and now offers bonus eBook chapters for each major body system to facilitate learning from a different perspective – covering the Cardiovascular System, Respiratory System, Gastrointestinal System, Urogenital System, Lymphatic System, and Nervous System.
- Features an all-new eBook chapter covering the essentials of neuroanatomy, so readers can learn key aspects of this challenging topic in the context of general anatomy.
- Offers new schematic drawings for key structures and topics in every chapter, providing an additional, simplified approach to introduce each topic―ideal for quick initial understanding and as a guide for students’ own anatomy drawings.
- Includes new and improved online materials such as self-assessment questions, clinical cases, an Interactive Surface Anatomy tool, an online anatomy and embryology self-study course, and more.
- Provides fully revised and updated clinical content including numerous new In the Clinic boxes, plus new clinical cases, images, and correlates throughout.
- Enables readers to quickly review the basic concepts from each chapter with Conceptual Overviews.
- Includes an Enhanced eBook version with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Good organization of the material
Chapters are structured in a way that helps learning
Images are unique in their approach to demonstrating the anatomy
I’ve heard from several unrelated sources that the book has lots of inaccuracies in it (I’ve yet to find one)
Many of the diagrams are oblique views that take some time to figure out the orientation and then relate it to anatomical position
I’m starting medical school in the fall and bought this to prep for anatomy. I’ve only had it for a day and am blown away by the approach this book takes compared to others. Great buy!