Psychological and cognitive therapy have proven great effectiveness in the management of psychiatric disorders, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy PDF 3rd Edition is a newly developed authoritative therapeutic approach to control and treatment of anxiety disorders, posttraumatic stress disorder, depression, and addiction. Francine Shapiro, the founder of EMDR, discusses the therapy’s theoretical and empirical foundations, the eight phases of treatment, and training tools and resources. There are vivid vignettes, transcripts, and reproducible forms.
Features of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy 3rd Edition PDF
- Written by Francine Shapiro, California’s Executive Director of the EMDR Institute, Watsonville. The President of the Trauma Recovery and EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programs.
- The US Departments of Veterans Affairs and Defense, the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, the World Health Organization, the UK National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council, the Association of Scientific Medical Societies in Germany, and other health care associations/institutions around the world all recognize EMDR therapy as a best practice for the treatment of PTSD.
- New updated complimentary edition of the thirty years that Dr. Shapiro had observed for the first time the initial step in his curative technique EMDR which is now used all over the world under the name of the empirically supported treatment of trauma.
- Authoritative treatment protocol confirmed by hundreds of randomized clinical trials and research papers which have documented positive treatment effects for a wide range of populations
- This edition is presenting the latest theory and research governing EMDR therapy practice to expand information on the treatment of various populations, and to describe additional procedures and protocols that have proven to be valuable additions to clinical practice
- New appendices include a variety of clinical aids for both the practicing therapist and researcher, including questionnaires, forms, and treatment transcripts.
Contents of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy 3rd Edition.
- Adaptive information process
- Components of EMDR therapy and basic treatment effect
- Phase one: client history
- Phase two and three: preparation and assessment
- Phase four to seven: desensitization, installation, body scan, and closure
- Working with abreaction and blocks
- Phase eight: reevaluation and use of EMDR standard three pronged-protocol
- Standardized protocols and procedures for special situations
- The cognitive interweaves
- Selected populations
- Theory, research, and clinical implications
We show some opinions of the book users.
Professor Christiane Cortus said “This third edition offers an updated and comprehensive—yet easily understandable—description of Shapiro’s groundbreaking technique. Shapiro has long advocated for more research to back up the efficacy of EMDR therapy and has taken into account input from both doctors and clients. EMDR is a sophisticated, highly integrative treatment that draws on several different theoretical perspectives. It is client-centered and experiential, intending to support clients in reprocessing and healing from their dysfunctional trauma-based material storage. This book should be in every clinician’s library because it has revolutionized the way trauma is treated and has extensive implications for a variety of other mental health issues.”
David Forbes said “A fantastic resource on an important evidence-based traumatic stress treatment. This book is useful for anyone interested in EMDR therapy, whether they are new to the technique or have used it before. The third edition includes a lot of information to help readers use EMDR in a variety of clinical situations.
Download Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy 3rd Edition PDF
To download and read Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy 3rd Edition PDF using the download links mentioned below :