Nursing’s highly specialized profession of nurse anesthesia calls for sophisticated education and training in the delivery of anesthesia to patients. The textbook Nurse Anesthesia 7th Edition PDF now in its seventh edition, provides a thorough explanation of the concepts and methods of nurse anesthesia. The book is meant for nurse anesthetists, anesthesia students, and healthcare professionals who want to learn more about anesthesia.
Features of Nurse Anesthesia 7th Edition PDF
- John J. Nagelhout, CRNA, Ph.D., FAAN, and Karen Plaus, Ph.D., CRNA, FAAN, wrote the piece of work.
- The goal of the book is to give readers an overview of the fundamentals of anesthesia, pharmacology, patient assessment, and anesthesia-related problem management.
- The book’s first portion concentrates on the fundamentals of anesthesia, including its history, pharmacology, physics, and chemistry. Additionally covered in this section are the numerous anesthesia types, such as regional and general anesthesia, as well as the nurse anesthetist’s responsibilities when administering anesthesia.
- Preoperative evaluation, patient positioning, treatment of the airway, management of fluid and electrolyte levels, and other topics related to patient assessment and care are covered in the second portion of the book. Additionally included in this section are the many anesthesia-related problems, including malignant hyperthermia, hypotension, and hypertension.
- The third part of the book concentrates on the anesthesia specialties, such as obstetrics, pediatrics, and trauma. The use of anesthesia in particular populations, such as the elderly and the seriously ill, is also covered in this section.
- The fourth and last chapter of the book discusses nurse anesthesia-related professional difficulties, such as quality control, legal and ethical issues, and the future of the field.
- The writers go into great detail about the application of anesthesia and the function of the nurse anesthetist in patient care throughout the entire book. Readers will find it simple to explore and find the information they need thanks to the text’s excellent organization and distinct headers and subheadings.
- The seventh edition of “Nurse Anesthesia” provides several tables, charts, and diagrams to help with understanding in addition to full treatment of the concepts and methods of nurse anesthesia. To help readers remember the topics they have studied, the book also includes case studies and review questions at the end of each chapter.
Contents of Nurse Anesthesia 7th Edition PDF
- Principles of Anesthesia
Chapter 1: A Brief History of Anesthesia
Chapter 2: Physics and Chemistry of Anesthesia
Chapter 3: Pharmacology of Intravenous Anesthetics
Chapter 4: Pharmacology of Inhalational Anesthetics
Chapter 5: The Role of the Nurse Anesthetist in Anesthesia Care
Chapter 6: Preoperative Assessment and Management
Chapter 7: General Anesthesia
Chapter 8: Regional Anesthesia
Chapter 9: Monitoring and Data Management
- Patient Assessment and Management
Chapter 10: Patient Positioning and Associated Injuries
Chapter 11: Airway Management
Chapter 12: Fluid and Electrolyte Management
Chapter 13: Anesthesia for the Patient with Cardiovascular Disease
Chapter 14: Anesthesia for the Patient with Pulmonary Disease
Chapter 15: Anesthesia for the Patient with Renal Disease
Chapter 16: Anesthesia for the Patient with Neurological and Neuromuscular Disease
Chapter 17: Anesthesia for the Patient with Endocrine Disease
Chapter 18: Anesthesia for the Patient with Hepatic Disease
Chapter 19: Anesthesia for the Patient with Musculoskeletal Disease
Chapter 20: Anesthesia for the Patient with Ophthalmic and Otolaryngologic Disease
Chapter 21: Anesthesia for the Patient with Psychiatric Disease
Chapter 22: Anesthesia for the Patient with Obstetric Disease
Chapter 23: Anesthesia for the Pediatric Patient
Chapter 24: Anesthesia for the Trauma Patient
- Specialty Areas of Anesthesia
Chapter 25: Anesthesia for Cardiothoracic Surgery
Chapter 26: Anesthesia for Vascular Surgery
Chapter 27: Anesthesia for Neurosurgery
Chapter 28: Anesthesia for Orthopedic Surgery
Chapter 29: Anesthesia for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Chapter 30: Anesthesia for Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery
Chapter 31: Anesthesia for Dental Surgery
Chapter 32: Anesthesia for Organ Transplantation
Chapter 33: Anesthesia for Outpatient Surgery
Chapter 34: Anesthesia for Radiologic Procedures
Chapter 35: Anesthesia for the Critically Ill Patient
- Professional Issues in Nurse Anesthesia
Chapter 36: Legal and Ethical Issues
Chapter 37: Quality Assurance and Improvement in Anesthesia Care
Chapter 38: Future of the Profession
Download The Nurse Anesthesia 7th Edition PDF
To download and read The Nurse Anesthesia 7th Edition PDF use the download links mentioned below :