The Washington Manual Internship Survival Guide Fifth Edition PDF offers senior residents and faculty advisors at the Washington University School of Medicine practical, real-world medical, and professional advice to first-year residents. The format of the advice is brief and bulleted, which makes it easier for readers to quickly understand the subject. Along with the fundamentals of navigating your clinical rotations, you’ll master the nuts and bolts of logistical concerns, patient and colleague communication, and other related topics.
Features of The Washington Manual Internship Survival Guide Fifth Edition PDF
- Prepared by Thomas M. Ciesielski, and Thomas D. Fer Assistant professors of medicine, at Washington University.
- Simple, current explanations of the 10 most typical diagnoses and patient complaints you’ll come across; provides important background information, what to look out for, and when to call for assistance.
- includes a pocket card that is removable and has full-color drawings and step-by-step instructions for the fundamental techniques you need to master to pass the residence criteria.
- includes practical dos and don’ts for dealing with workplace difficulties that are frequently neglected, like communicating with other members of the medical team and admitting and releasing patients.
- Patient safety, risk reduction, fluid management, how common technologies like EKGs work and overviews of the major clinical specializations are all covered in medical subjects.
- The pace of inpatient medicine requires efficiency and time management skills, especially in our duty-hour-regulated environment
Contents of The Washington Manual Internship Survival Guide Fifth Edition
- Introduction and objectives
- Keys to survival
- ACLS Algorithms
- Useful formula
- Patient and staff relations
- Patient safety and risk management
- Daily assessment
- Other notes of importance
- Top 10 workups
- Pain control
- Fluids and electrolytes
- Acid-base disorders
- ECG and arrhythmias
- Anticoagulation management
- Approach to consultation
- Preoperative cardiovascular risk assessment
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedics surgery
- General surgery
- Critical care
- Guide to Procedures
- Final thoughts
We show some opinions of the book readers
According to David Dries, “This tiny handbook, which adopts the structure of the long-running Washington surgical Manuals on the management of the medical patient, provides the effective emphasis on short bedside interventions. Because of the contributors’ varied levels of training, the chapter content’s rigor may vary. Overall, this is a brief read that will be helpful to bedside practitioners.
Download The Washington Manual Internship Survival Guide Fifth Edition PDF
To download and read The Washington Manual Internship Survival Guide Fifth Edition PDF use the download links mentioned below :
Get a Direct Download link to The Washington Manual Internship Survival Guide Fifth Edition