Evidence-based textbook of clinical cases built on a systematic approach for different doctors and students, prepared on how hospital-based clinicians think and work as the case method, is the most intuitive and enjoyable way to learn. Cases in Hospital Medicine PDF is a selected comprehensive hospital actual diagnosis and management of cases. This appealing handbook covers a wide variety of general and specific knowledge needed in the hospital setting, focusing on today’s most pressing questions and best practices.
Features of Cases in Hospital Medicine PDF 1st Edition.
- Prepared by Zahir Kanjee, clinician-educator and Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
- Maintains a clinical focus throughout, answering particular difficulties and exploring the most practice-relevant questions for hospital-based doctors.
- Provides an evidence-based approach to the most common clinical cases addressed by hospitalists, addressing crucial questions such as removing fluid from a 73-year-old man with acute congestive heart failure. Should I utilize a bolus or continuous infusion diuretic regimen?
- Skin and soft tissue infection, pneumonia, alcohol withdrawal, sepsis, COPD exacerbation, syncope, atrial fibrillation, pancreatitis, acute kidney injury, end-of-life care, and much more are all covered in this book.
- Valid for all medical educators, it will be a helpful teaching aid by highlighting pertinent questions and succinctly describing case evidence to answer them. The case-based method can facilitate discussion between educators and trainees. The book will be a helpful resource on rounds or the whiteboard.
- Scenarios and clinical decision points allowed the readers to move naturally to the evidence; the book emphasizes using evidence to guide as the skill is fundamental to delivering excellent care.
- The book attempts to feature existing literature’s key elements, highlighting its strengths, weaknesses, caveats, interpretations, and applications.
Contents of Cases in Hospital Medicine PDF 1st Edition.
- Acute pancreatitis
- Skin and soft tissue infection
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Urinary tract infection
- Gallbladder disease
- Meningitis and encephalitis
- Diabetes and hyperglycemia
- Upper gastrointestinal bleed
- Acute liver injury and failure
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Heart failure exacerbation
- Atrial fibrillation
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation
- Venous thromboembolism
- Infective endocarditis
- End-stage liver disease
- Clostridioides difficile infection
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Perioperative medicine
- Acute kidney injury
- Opiates and opiate use disorders
- Hip fracture
- Frailty in hospitalized patients
- Communication in Academic hospital medicine
- End of life care
We show some opinions of the book.
Drag Brogna said Unintentionally. I came into this treasure of a book. I use Pocket Medicine regularly, and I find that this book is also quite useful for inpatient management. This is not a standard medical textbook for learning about the disease. This book covers the most common 28 instances in our inpatient practice daily (almost 70-80 percent of the patient population). As a resident and practicing hospitalists/internists, we must make numerous routine and critical decisions every day. This book asks the right questions and covers all necessary information for a single patient. The free E-book option through VitalSource Bookshelf is also appealing.
Download Cases in Hospital Medicine 1st Edition PDF
To download and read Cases in Hospital Medicine 1st Edition PDF using the download links mentioned below :
Get a Direct Download link to Cases in Hospital Medicine 1st Edition PDF