A specially created reference for paediatric specialists and residents is the Emergency Drugs in Paediatrics 2022 Handbook PDF. In a clear and brief structure, only the information necessary at the time of emergency is given. To prevent typical dosing mistakes encountered in prescriptions, crucial paediatric safety issues have been carefully incorporated throughout the language. Contains approximately 500 paediatric drugs with recommended dosage schedules for the most typical and emergent conditions for which they are prescribed.
Features of Emergency Drugs in Paediatrics 2022 PDF
- Prepared by Dr. Ahmed Mamdouh Abdelaziz, Paediatrics specialist, Cairo, Egypt.
- The paediatrician, physician-in-training, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, paediatric nurse, and pharmacist should all have a copy of this indispensable pocket reference.
- This pocket guide was created to give paediatric prescribers an easy-to-read dose reference at the time of prescription. It is not meant to help with drug selection, offer information on drug-drug interactions, or provide pharmacokinetic data; those things should be done with the help of other, more suitable sites.
- The subject matter focuses especially on guided dosing for the most typical indications and drugs used most frequently in paediatrics.
- To help with the challenge of the particular problems related to paediatric medicine administration, the Paediatric Prescriber’s Handbook offers guided dosing. Most paediatric drugs are weight-based and require manipulation or dilution of commercially available pharmaceuticals meant for use in adult patients, in contrast to adult medicine, which usually employs fixed dose.
- The framework of guided dosing, which includes initial dosing, suggested titration intervals, as well as maximum and maintenance doses, uses weight-based dosing, or “mg/kg/dose.” In order to avoid prescribing more than the “Adult starting dose” or “Adult Max dose,” it gives references. Adult dosages (mg/dose) should not be higher than paediatric dosages (mg/kg/dose). These “visual” reference points will act as an additional check and help prevent 10-fold calculation mistakes.
Contents of Emergency Drugs in Paediatrics 2022
1- Pediatric drug forms
11- Antifailure drugs
14- Antiarrhythmic drugs
19- CNS drugs
26- Isotonic saline
27- Hypertonic saline
30- Magnesium sulphate
31- Calcium gluconate
32- Potassium chloride
33- Bicarbonate sodium
39- Mechanical ventilation
We show some opinions of the book readers
Mahmoud Sabri said The Paediatric Prescriber’s Handbook is the book that could perhaps prevent your children from taking the incorrect medication, getting sick, or worse. If you have children and are unsure of the various [many] medication versions available, you need this book. The Paediatric Prescriber’s Handbook was created with doctors and parents as its primary users because of how very helpful it is.
Download Emergency Drugs in Paediatrics 2022 PDF
To download and read The Emergency Drugs in Paediatrics 2022 PDF use the download links mentioned below :
Get a Direct Download link to The Emergency Drugs in Paediatrics 2022