The transition between medical school life and study to a new crowded life with a highly intense life requires a new lifestyle and new strategies for residency study with new sources to help you in your coming years. Internal Medicine: The guide to residency PDF 2022 is prepared to be a comprehensive source that highlights the most common cases presentation and best management protocols giving a deep concentration on residents’ clinical needs.
Features of Internal Medicine: The guide to residency PDF 2022
- Prepared by Amer Sayed, Internal Medicine Resident, Georgia Regents University.
- Interesting and integrated book prepared to handle new residents that anyone can read entirely in 2 to 3 weeks for the first time. It can be consulted at any time during the journey.
- All the topics mentioned in the book are carefully chosen to cover the most common clinical presentations, differential diagnosis, and management steps.
- Readers benefit most from reading this book because all stuff is written from real experience and actual practice of different old residents in both success and missteps that reflects significantly on patients’ care.
- The guide includes managing the common clinical problems that patients are admitted for so the intern or the resident will feel confident and display more accuracy in examining the patients, obtaining medical history, writing a thorough and helpful history, and physical with appropriate work-up.
- Distinguished from other pocket sources as it will not present unnecessary and complex to remember details you will not need in the day-to-day practice to deliver the highest yield information in a brief period of time.
- It was built on the most trusted textbooks of internal medicine and clinical medicine like Harrison’s principles of internal medicine Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics in an easy-to-reference format.
Contents of Internal Medicine: The guide to residency Ebook 2022
The book gives great coverage for most common cases like:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Asthma & COPD
- Medical Intensive Care Unit/Hypotension/Cardiac Arrest
- Acute respiratory failure & basics for oxygen therapy
- Cardiology diagnostics & intervention
- Abdominal Pain
- Nausea & vomiting
- GI bleed
- Infectious Disease
- White blood count
- Immune status
- Cellulitis & Osteomyelitis
- Infective endocarditis
- Clostridium difficile infection
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
- Acute kidney injury/Chronic Kidney Disease/End-stage Renal Disease
- Urinary tract infection
- Volume Overload
- Volume Depletion
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Falls, syncope, & loss of consciousness
- Altered Mental Status
- Geriatric medicine
- Palliative/supportive care & hospice care
- Diabetes mellitus
- Night float
- Alarming findings
- IV lines, IV fluids, Foley catheters & contrast material
- Medical vs. Surgical Management
- Home vs. floor vs. MICU triage
- Outpatient Medicine
- Diet & Physical/Occupational Therapy
- Diseases and diagnoses need high suspicion
- Cost-effective medicine
- Refer to specialist & inpatient consultation
- Common unclear diagnosis
- Different approaches for common problems
- Social support & social history
- Incidental findings & mildly abnormal test
- Medical futility
- Cascade of actions for common problems
- List of medications commonly used
We show some opinions of the book readers.
Tony Leep said Finally, a simple, concise, and easy-to-understand handbook for locals. As a recently finished IM resident, I wish I had had this book to guide me throughout my intern year. It is not intended to be a comprehensive resource. However, during the chaos of the wards (especially before morning reports/rounds), this guidance can be instrumental in establishing a plan. I emphasize “helps” because it should not be utilized as a sole source of information when making decisions, but it is a handy and short guide to keep in your lab coat. All med students on IM/FM rotations and IM interns should consider it.
Download Internal Medicine: The guide to residency 2022 PDF
To download and read Internal Medicine: The guide to residency 2022 PDF using the download links mentioned below :