Interventional Radiology is a new medical specialty that refers to a set of techniques for accurately targeting therapy that relies on the use of radiological image guidance (X-ray fluoroscopy, ultrasound, computed tomography [CT], or magnetic resonance imaging [MRI]). Most of IR treatments are less intrusive than open and laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. Interventional Radiology in Palliative Care 1st edition PDF is a new fundamental textbook of basics of interventional radiology techniques and spot cases with incredible results in cure rate instead of open surgeries.
Features of Interventional Radiology in Palliative Care 2021 PDF
- Prepared by Peter L. Munk, Professor of Radiology and Palliative Care, University of British Columbia, and Suresh B. Babu, Singaporean interventional radiology consultant.
- Providing accurate and up-to-date overviews about the latest advances in diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology
- Clinical and practical useful interventional reference introduces the experience of leading pioneers in this field.
- All chapters are supported with high-quality illustrations and figures, tables, and graphs.
- Explained in an easy read easy format pages designed to make reading more comfortable and help in receiving and analyzing information.
- Great coverage of all medical chapters of body parts with the most recent imaging technique quality and image-guided treatment modalities and clear explanation of how interventional radiology techniques and helpful tips and tricks of value in daily practice were highlighted.
- It fills a gap in the literature by focusing on the function of interventional radiology in patients undergoing palliative medicine and supportive care. This group has an exceptionally high need for minimally invasive therapy.
- Detailed guidance was provided on the use of the tools of interventional radiology for the aim of problem solutions in relation to a wide variety of diseases and difficulties.
Contents of Interventional Radiology in Palliative Care 2021 Ebook
Part1: introduction and nutrition
- Introduction to palliative care
- Introduction to IR
- Clinical applications of outcome measurements
- Intravenous access
- Feeding solutions
Part2: musculoskeletal pain relief solutions
2.1- imaging-guided palliative procedures
2.2- cement consolidation
2.3- palliative bone tumors
Part3: neurological pain relief solutions
3.1- epidural steroid injections
3.2- spinal facet injections
3.3- spinal nerve root blocks
3.4- nerve blocks
3.5- autonomic blocks
Part4: tumor debulking solutions
4.1- endovascular embolization technique
4.2- tumor ablations
Part5: bleeding solutions
5.1- bleeding solutions in hand and leg
5.2- gastrointestinal bleed
5.3- bleeding solutions for genitourinary
5.4- bleeding solutions in lung
5.5- bleeding solutions in hepatobiliary pancreatic systems
5.6- bleeding solutions for fungating masses
Part6: obstruction solutions
6.1- malignant bile duct obstruction
6.2- obstruction solutions for kidney and urinary bladder
6.3- the role of IR in bowel obstruction
7.1- treatment of fistulas
7.2- intrathecal pain pumps
7.3- correction to nerve blocks
We Show Some Opinions Of Interventional Radiology In Palliative Care Readers.
Nabih Diab said that was a fantastic book which he purchased for his IR away rotation. Please focus on the procedure’s indications/contraindications and consequences, as it appeared to be what they intended medical students to know. They also had an e-book version, which was a fantastic choice.
Download Interventional Radiology in Palliative Care 2021 PDF Book
To download and read Interventional Radiology in Palliative Care 2021 PDF using the download links mentioned below :
Get a Direct Download link to Interventional Radiology in Palliative Care 2021