Migraine is a worldwide disorder that affects about half a billion people, affecting their quality of life and productivity. Although the high cost of migraine treatment, it isn’t diagnosed till now. A surgical approach is the most recent line of treatment of refractory migraine headache as radiological and anatomical evidence have proved that many cases have nerve compression in some vital brain areas which trigger episodes of the headache, so the benefits of surgery application are very acceptable. Atlas of Surgical Therapy for Migraine and Tension-Type Headache PDF is written to explain and mention all available surgical approaches.
Features of Atlas of Surgical Therapy for Migraine and Tension-Type Headache PDF
- Prepared by Prof. Edoardo Raposo, The chief director of the plastic surgery department, at Parma University, he has more than 100 research papers on less invasive procedures and surgery for migraine and headaches.
- The book concentrates on the technique, which is explained and illustrated in detail to inform surgeons of all information for a successful surgery. The book takes you step-by-step in detailed instructions on how to perform state-of-the-art in this complex field.
- More than 220 high-quality photos help clarify complex techniques throughout the textbook.
- In light of the interdisciplinary nature of migraine treatment, this book will prove an invaluable resource for MH practitioners from the resident plastic surgeon to the neurosurgeon and neurologist, and health care professionals across various fields of clinical medicine.
Contents of Atlas of Surgical Therapy for Migraine and Tension-Type Headache Book
- General Concepts and Historical Notes
- Surgical Anatomy of the Vascularization and Innervation of the Human Scalp
- Surgical Anatomy of Craniofacial Nerves Regarding Migraine Surgery
- Anatomy of the Supraorbital Region
- Anatomy of the Greater Occipital Nerve Compression Site in Migraine Surgery
- Three-Dimensional CT Angiograms in the Planning of Vascular Surgery for Migraine and Cluster Headache
- Botulinum Neurotoxin: Basic Facts, Physiology, and Pharmacology
- Anatomical, Regional, Targeted (ART) Botulinum Toxin Injection for Migraine and Chronic Headaches
- Deactivation of Frontal Trigger Sites
- Decompression Endoscopic Surgery for Frontal Secondary Headache Attributed to Supraorbital and Supratrochlear Nerve Entrapment: The Utrecht Experience
- D-Knife Decompression Technique (DDT): Amirlak Modification of Endoscopic SON Decompression
- Surgery for Rhinosinusitis and Rhinogenic Headache
- Deactivation of Temporal Trigger Sites
- Direct Approach for Auriculotemporal Nerve Decompression, Amirlak Modification
- Direct Lateral Canthal (DLC) Approach to the Zygomaticotemporal Branch of the Trigeminal Nerve (Hamawy-Amirlak Technique)
- The Use of Fat Grafting for Chronic Headache of Cervical Origin Treatment
- Deactivation of Occipital Trigger Sites
- Amtrak Modification of Site 4 Decompression: Endoscopic Assisted Decompression of the Greater Occipital Nerve (GON) with Radical Excision of the Occipital Artery
We show some opinions of the book readers
Francisco Stress said a great book outlining the revolutionary new surgical ways to eliminate or lessen the incapacitating migraine and headache condition. A well-written manual with several illustrations that explain text passages and demonstrate surgical procedures step-by-step. Congratulations to Professor Edoardo Raposo and the rest of his team for employing these cutting-edge methods to assist in helping people regain their health.
Download Atlas of Surgical Therapy for Migraine and Tension-Type Headache
To download and read The Atlas of Surgical Therapy for Migraine and Tension-Type Headache PDF use the download links mentioned below :