Yamada’s Textbook of Gastroenterology 7th Edition is the most comprehensive and integrated gastroenterology textbook for more than 30 years around the world since the first edition which was provided by Dr. Tadataka Yamada, one of the pioneers of gastroenterology. It is the most concise source for all GIT and liver diseases in a detailed guided explained way supported by the most recent diagnostic updates and new lines of treatment of diseases.
Features of Yamada’s Textbook of Gastroenterology 7th Edition PDF
- Prepared by Timothy C. Wang, Chief of GIT department, Columbia University Medical Centre, and Michael Camilleri, Professor of pharmacology and physiology, Mayo Clinic.
- Despite the continued growth and utilization of internet-based sources of information, we strongly believe that textbooks such as this one remain a vital resource for both experienced clinicians and novices in the fields of gastroenterology and hepatology.
- A great advantage of the Yamada textbook is that it is both comprehensive and well-sourced by expert authors and editors, such that vital information on the widest spectrum of GI and liver diseases, ranging from essential clinical features to the molecular underpinnings, can be found in one convenient location.
- The changes nicely updated, supplemented, and reinvigorated the textbook with web-based links, shortening the list of references to key references and adding a new section entitled approaches to the patient with… that provided a convenient source and framework for clinical management of common gastrointestinal problems.
- More emphasis was given to the ancillary fields of endoscopy, imaging, histology, and pathology.
- Coverage of inflammatory bowel disease, a rapidly changing field, was expanded and recognized as a stand-alone section, and the textbook as a whole encompassed a more global view of gastroenterology with greater attention to geographic differences.
Contents of Yamada’s Textbook of Gastroenterology 7th Edition
Part1: Anatomy and Development
- Development and Differentiation of the Gastrointestinal System
- Stem Cells and Tissue Renewal
- Esophagus: Anatomy and Structural Anomalies
- Stomach and Duodenum: Anatomy and Structural Anomalies
- Small Intestine: Anatomy and Structural Anomalies
- Colon: Anatomy and Structural Anomalies
- Pancreas: Anatomy and Structural Anomalies
- Abdominal Cavity: Anatomy, Structural Anomalies, and Hernias
- Gallbladder and Biliary Tract: Anatomy and Structural Anomalies
- Liver: Anatomy, Microscopic Structure, and Cell Types
- Gastrointestinal Blood Flow
Part2: Mechanisms of Normal and Abnormal Gastrointestinal Function
- Integrative Responses of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Pancreas, and Liver to a Meal
- Gastrointestinal Hormones and Receptors
- The Brain-Gut Axis
- The Innervation of the Gastrointestinal tract
- Smooth muscle of the gut
- The Mucosal Immune System and Gastrointestinal Inflammation
- Epithelia and Gastrointestinal Function
- Esophageal Motor Function
- Gastric Motility and Gastric Emptying
- Motility of the Small Intestine and Colon
- Motility of the Biliary Tract
- Gastric Secretions
- Electrolyte Secretion and Absorption in the Small Intestine and Colon
- Pancreatic Secretion
- Bile Secretion and Cholestasis
- General Nutritional Principles
- Control of Appetite/Satiety and Energy Balance
- Nutrient Digestion, Absorption, and Sensing
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Neoplasia of the Gastrointestinal Tract
- The Human Intestinal Microbiota and Microbiome
- Drug Metabolism, Transport, and Pharmacogenomics
Part 3: Principles of Clinical Gastroenterology
Part 4: Gastrointestinal Diseases
Part 5: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Modalities in Gastroenterology
We show some opinions of the book readers
J H said the 7th edition of Yamada’s, the standard textbook in gastroenterology, does a good job of upholding the legacy of its predecessors, while unquestionably a valuable resource, it occasionally falls short of expectations for a work of reference: the text contains a lot more typographical errors than would be acceptable for a work that took years to create and proofread (missed spaces, double spaces, misplaced reference brackets, etc.).
Download Yamada’s Textbook of Gastroenterology 7th Edition PDF
To download and read Yamada’s textbook of gastroenterology 7th edition PDF using the download links mentioned below :