Pharmacology of pediatrics is an important branch of pediatrics that doctors must have a great knowledge of it, 2022 Nelson’s Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy 28th Edition PDF is the landmark and bestselling book of pediatric drugs and antimicrobial agents. It provides immediate access to the most recent treatment guidelines for infectious illnesses in children. The authors offer a commentary for each condition to assist in deciding which antimicrobial option is best. Drug descriptions offer comprehensive information regarding dosing regimens and cover all antibacterial medicines currently available.
Features of 2022 Nelson’s Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy 28th Edition
- Prepared by John S. Bradley and John D. Nelson, Professors of Pediatrics, Texas Southwestern University, and California University.
- Updated advice on the prevention and treatment of influenza, including American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations for 2021–2022.
- Updated recommendations on acute hematogenous osteomyelitis are based on recently released guidelines from the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society and the Infectious Diseases Society of America, which include data on drop-in MRSA infections and allow the recommendation of cefazolin once more as empiric therapy for the majority of pediatric bone infections.
- New guidelines modifications for the treatment of Klebsiella pneumonia carbapenemase-producing enteric bacilli, ceftazidime/avibactam is now favored over fluoroquinolones, if susceptible.
- Recently licensed in adults for the treatment of numerous drug-resistant infections, including Acinetobacter, Stenotrophomonas, and Pseudomonas; being studied in children is cefiderocol, a novel iron-binding siderophore cephalosporin class.
- New dosage for the formulation of posaconazole suspension, new methods to treat mucormycosis. Baloxavir was included for kids 12 and older.
- Changes to COVID-19 treatments online following approval for emergency use in children
Contents of 2022 Nelson’s Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy PDF 28th Edition
1- Antimicrobial Therapy According to Clinical Syndromes
2- Antimicrobial Therapy for Neonates
3- Preferred Therapy for Specific Bacterial and Mycobacterial Pathogens
4- Choosing Among Antibiotics Within a Class: Beta-lactams and Beta-lactamase Inhibitors, Macrolides, Aminoglycosides, and Fluoroquinolones
5- Preferred Therapy for Specific Fungal Pathogens
6- Choosing Among Antifungal Agents: Polyenes, Azoles, and Echinocandins
7- Preferred Therapy for Specific Viral Pathogens
8- Choosing Among Antiviral Agents
9- Preferred Therapy for Specific Parasitic Pathogens
10- Choosing Among Antiparasitic Agents: Antimalarial Drugs, Nitroimidazoles, Benzimidazoles, and Neglected Tropical Diseases
11- How Antibiotic Dosages Are Determined Using Susceptibility Data, Pharmacodynamics, and Treatment Outcomes
12- Approach to Antibiotic Therapy for Drug-Resistant Gram-negative Bacilli and Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
13- Antibiotic Therapy for Children Who Are Obese
14- Sequential Parenteral-Oral Antibiotic Therapy (Oral Step-down Therapy) for Serious Infections
15- Antimicrobial Prophylaxis/Prevention of Symptomatic Infection
16- Approach to Antibiotic Allergies
17- Antibiotic Stewardship
18- Systemic and Topical Antimicrobial Dosing and Dose Forms
We show some opinions on the book
Jean J. remarked Excellent textbook with very digestible foundational material to help you get ready for residency. Although you can’t screenshot for brief notes very easily (tables on the hard copy don’t match those in the online version), and the app isn’t the best, the online book option is great for reading on any tablet or phone. It’s a great purchase, so you won’t regret it like you would other textbook purchases.
Download 2022 Nelson’s Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy 28th Edition PDF
To download and read the 2022 Nelson’s Pediatric antimicrobial therapy 28th edition PDF using the download links mentioned below :