One of the most trusted brilliant names related to nursing drugs use which is a full-color portable nursing drug handbook that facilitates finding the most interesting and vital information about the most frequently administrated drugs by nurses. You would easily find more than 5,000 drugs are indexed in the text and on the free app related to the book in addition to fifteen new entries for FDA newly approved medications and medical therapies. In Mosby’s 2019 Nursing Drug Reference also, you will find it places great stress on patient safety, with FDA’s Black Box Warnings, Safety Alerts and an intense focus on the most common adverse drug reactions and the life-threatening medical events related to nursing drug usage for the 50 common drug classes. This 32nd edition comes and proves again why Mosby’s is the bestselling drug reference for nursing communities on the market.
Overview of Mosby’s 2019 Nursing Drug Reference 32nd Edition PDF:
A book by a top-ranked professor Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP. The book contains 1440 pages in English Published on 22nd February 2018.
- It covers more than 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs thus providing information for the most encountered drugs in a clinical setting.
- FDA’s black box warning for life-threatening events.
- FDA’s new safety alerts about medication use.
- A systematic presentation of the most common and dangerous adverse events of drugs and assessment tools.
- It presents and covers intravenous drug administration in bold highlight regarding dosage and instructions as safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and mixing & vehicles compatibilities.
- The generic names are arranged alphabetically to provide quick access to the search drugs, and a fully colored highlighting the vital information.
- The steps of nursing processes are the framework used for organizing all nursing care information.
- Cross-references presenting the drug information that may be found in the appendices. Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and ADME process.
- The book has many other editions, the most recent is the 2022 edition with added new monographs and up-to-date content on newly released, FDA-approved drugs and drug therapies as well as beers indications for selected monographs and Drugs with genetic indication.
Contents of Mosby’s 2019 Nursing Drug Reference Ebook:
Bone resorption inhibitors
Calcium channel blockers
Histamine H2 antagonists
Neuromuscular blocking agents
Skeletal muscle relaxants
- Individual Drugs in A-Z Format
- Selected new drugs
- Recent FDA drug approvals
- Ophthalmic, otic, nasal, and topical products
- Vaccines and toxoids
- Antitoxins and antivenins
- Herbal products
- Combination products
- Medications that may be inappropriate for geriatric patients
- Drugs metabolized by known P450’s
- Safety in handling chemotherapeutic agents
- high-alert drugs
- Controlled substance chart
- Immunization schedules for children and adolescents
- High-alert Canadian medications
- Canadian controlled substance chart
- Canadian recommended immunization schedules for infants and children
- FDA pregnancy categories
- Weights and equivalents
We Share Some Nursing Students Opinions:
- Marie a student stated that it saved her life during her pharmacology exam and also it was useful at work then.
- Jillian Petitjean stated that it was recommended by the nursing program and she also likes Elsevier products.
- Em stated that it’s Colorful and well organized and also that it’s probably the best drug book he had, he liked that it’s in color, and easy to follow. And wanted a bigger version with more drugs listed.
- Christine stated that “it is worth it ” as it’s great for on the floor quick reference for almost all medications.
- Brandon Brown, a nursing student, stated that it is Very helpful in nursing school.