At the beginning of your medical career, you need a truly powerful guide to help you make your basics of thinking and enhancing your medical knowledge to improve your medical sense supported by a high level of awareness to help you reach the right diagnosis of cases and different plans of treatment. John Murtagh’s General Practice Companion Handbook is one of the golden tops ranked general practice resources; it contains the most updated and new guidelines. This book is your best gate to internal and surgery as you are a medical student or a general practice doctor.
Features of John Murtagh’s General Practice Companion Handbook:
- This series is edited by John Murtagh, who is a leading pioneer in internal and emergency medicine.
- Divided into chapters ordered alphabetically (A, B, C, D….), every topic beginning with A is mentioned in chapter A.
- Each topic was written according to the last research and new treatment lines in a comprehensive, integrated, straightforward way.
- New chapters are added like sexual health, cervical cancer screening, and mental health.
- A general practice guide is your handle of bringing primary health care to the community. It is a medical discipline in its own right, linking the vast amount of accumulated medical knowledge with the art of communication.
- Apart from these processes, the GP has to manage very common problems, including a whole variety not normally taught in medical school or postgraduate programs. Many of these problems are unusual yet common and can be regarded as ‘nitty gritty’ or ‘bread and butter’ primary health care problems.
- Suitable for students, GP, emergency technician, Family doctors, Nurses, and rapid revision for specialists.
- Supported by high technique charts, checklists, and illustrated diagrams to make reading and information collection more easily read by busy doctors.
- Volume in a suitable size to be easily carried
- A New edition of the text is published every three years.
Contents of John Murtagh’s General Practice Companion Handbook:
(ABC general practice- Abdominal pain- Anxiety- Allergy- Angina- Anemia…….)
(Back pain- Bed sores- Bleeding- Bell palsy- Breast- Bronchial asthma- Bladder cancer- Burns-…..)
(CALF PAIN- CANCER- CANNABIS- CPR- CHEST PAIN- CHILDREN- COMMON COLD- CONSTIPATION…)
(DEAFNESS AND HEARING LOSS- DEPRESSION- DIARRHOEA- DIABETES MELLITUS- DIPLOPIA….)
(EAR PAIN- ENDOCARDITIS- ENDOMETRIOSIS- EPILEPSY- EPISTAXIS…)
(FACIAL PAIN- FATTY LIVER- FEVER AND CHILLS…)
(GASTROENTERITIS- GENITAL HERPES- GENETIC DISORDERS- GLANDULAR FEVER- GOUT..)
(HAEMATURIA- HAIR DISORDERS- HAEMATEMESIS AND MELAENA- HEADACHE- HEART FAILURE…)
(INFLUENZA- INCONTINENCE OF URINE- INSOMNIA…)
(KNEE PAIN- KIDNEY DISEASE- KAWASAKI DISEASE- KERATOSES…)
(LARYNGITIS- LEG PAIN- LICHEN PLANUS…)
(MELANOMA- MENOPAUSE SYNDROME- METABOLIC SYNDROME- MIGRAINE ATTACK…)
(NOSE- NECK PAIN- NUTRITION ADVICE…)
(OBESITY- OSTEOPOROSIS- OTITIS MEDIA- OBSTETRIC CARE…)
(PAGET DISEASE- PANIC ATTACK- PELVIC PAIN- PARKINSON- PNEUMONIA..)
(RECTAL BLEEDING- RHINOSINUSITIS- REYE SYNDROME- ROSACEA…)
(SARCOPENIA- SEPTICAEMIA- SINUSITIS- SLEEP DISORDERS- SORE THROAT…)
(TEETHING- THUMB SUCKING- THROMBOTIC- TINNITUS- THYROID DISORDERS…)
(URETHRITIS- UMBILICAL DISCHARGE- URINARY TRACT INFECTION..)
(VITILIGO- VISUAL LOSS- VOMITING…)
(WEIGHT LOSS- WORMS- WRINKLES..)
We can show some opinions of the text:
Lady George a new GP described the book as it was his light in her both two foundation years.
Tommy, a medical student, said that the text was conclusive and easy to read.
To have download and read Murtagh’s General Practice Companion Handbook PDF use download links mentioned below :
Get Direct link to Murtagh’s General Practice Companion Handbook PDF
In the end, I’d like to thank you for sharing this post on your social account, your actions are so meaningful to me, and in this way you let others know this useful link is good.